Take Advantage of These Great End-Of-Summer Ideas!
August is bittersweet. The days are still beautiful with summer sunshine - the sticky humidity of July a distant memory - but a cooling sensation and chilled evenings remind us that change is inevitable. As this pendulum swings over our summer days bringing in those white pillow top clouds that fill the blue skies with a few final weeks of summer bliss, allow yourself the time to take deep breaths of fresh air, have as much fun as you possibly can and spend a few extra bucks to cap off a gorgeous season. Take advantage of these great end-of-summer ideas!
- GO see the Renegades! This week they're having Trick-Or-Treat Night and Bring Your Pet Night Aug 23 and 24th! Mid-Week tickets are priced with affordability in mind!
- Launch a kayak from Beacon's brand new Long-Dock park. www.scenichudson.org/parks/longdockpark
- Get your Hike on - New Paltz hidden trails will change your life! www.hikingcamping.com/blog/tag/new-paltz/
- Try Geocaching! happyhudsonvalley.com/2011/08/adverture-is-for-everyone-the-secret-world-of-geocache/
- Get romantic at the Sangria Pigroast Festival this weekend at Brotherhood Winery www.brotherhood-winery.com/index.html (21+ please)
- Dutchess County Fair! August 23-28th http://dutchessfair.com/
- Windows on Main St Beacon/Artist Collaborative through September 10th http://www.beaconwindows.org/
- Save on tickets to the Renaissance Faire by buying online! http://www.renfair.com/ny/tickets/index.asp
- Splashdown Beach - Best Offer Going : Buy 2011 Season Pass ($99) get 2012 free! http://www.splashdownbeach.com/
- Tubing on the Esopus! www.towntinker.com/ check website for updates
So, if you haven't made time for yourself and your family this summer, change that! Two more weeks of unending summer fun and then of course, we'll bring you the fall line-up. But, we're not rushing it! There are plenty of ways to end your summer on a high-note... Or a grand slam...or a day in the park...or a dive in the pool...you get the point! So get out there and have some fun! Happy Hudson Valley wants to know: What are your end of summer plans?!